Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, May 8, 2023

Spring has Sprung ... Finally!

 

First up, the bleeding heart has exploded in growth and buds are opening.


Peony is promising to bloom for me for the very first time.  I have two plants that I found here when we moved in.


Lupine seedlings from the seeds I scattered last fall.


One of the many beds that were mulched this weekend.  A task I usually do myself but being one handed these days, limits me for garden tasks at present.


I found this blooming in Hosta bed.  Are they bluebells?


Did I plant them last year or the year before?  Vague memories but I don't think there were blooms last year.




11 comments:

Latane Barton said...

There's just something magical about those first flowers popping out of the ground.

Tom said...

...spring is always worth waiting for.

Bindu said...

It seems like a spring day here in Toronto as well! It was raining almost everyday till today

Barbara Rogers said...

These are such colorful and welcome early blooms.

Anonymous said...

Marcia,
Thank you for taking the time to share how your new car is working out for you. We are slowly inching toward a decision, and you have given us some things to consider. Thank you for your efforts!
Your spring flowers are beautiful-they really lift the spirits don’t they?

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

I love it when flowers start to appear at this time of year. Those are definitely not the bluebells that I know - maybe some kind of blue pulmonaria????

David M. Gascoigne, said...

That conjures up quite an image - bleeding hearts exploding! Better duck!

acorn hollow said...

your gardens are ahead of mine and they look great. I am still cleaning up and fertilizing things for the summer
Cathy

Anvilcloud said...

Life is bursting forth. But I always want to sing, “Your bleeding hert will tell on you,” to the tune of “cheating heart.”

Cynthia said...

Happy Mothers Day, Marcia! Your flowers are beautiful, especially the tulips in your header. We are enjoying our hydrangeas are bloom now, big bowls of they on the dining room table this morning.

Vicki Lane said...

It's always exciting to see what comes back or shows up for the first time. I hope your white iris blooms!