Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, May 18, 2023

FROST!

 Temperatures dropped into the 20s overnight last night which meant frost this morning.

The bleeding heart got the worst of it.

Look how it looked before in my header and below on Sunday.

Now - I don't know whether I should trim it back or not. Tom, what do you advise?

In other news, the white iris that Vicki Lane sent me last year has buds.




I imagine I find other casualties of the frost as I work in the garden later today.

6 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

So glad it's budding!!!

Tom said...

...not as cold here, but we have a frost too. My tree peonies looked wilted this morning, but now they look good. I would hold tight and so what happens. Perennials can be cut to the ground and new grow will shoot up.

acorn hollow said...

Yes we got that frost too. Crazy weather
Cathy

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I am sure that frost in mid May in New Hampshire is not unusual.

Anvilcloud said...

Looking outside, it seems that anything blooming has survived but that isn't much yet. Our frost was not as heavy, though.

Kay said...

Your bleeding heart was so pretty. Ouch about the frost. Awww.... Looks like you might need to trim it back. Darn!