Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, March 22, 2023

The New Car

 Delivery of the new car came earlier than promised.  Always a good thing.

When the electricity came back on Wednesday of last week, Dan had an email from salesman that car being delivered that day and we could come on Thursday to pick it up.

We did.

Meet our 2023 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid.


It fits well in our barn garage.

We are still learning about all the features.  There are so many safety features now.


We think it's our next to last car purchase if it lasts 10+ years as the Mazda did. 

9 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Happy driving with your new vehicle. Kudos to you for getting a hybrid.

Tom said...

...looks sharp.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It looks like you are all set for future road trips in your new car, Marcia. Grenville was excited to upgrade his 2004 Jeep to a 2019 model a couple of years ago. Meanwhile, my 2004 Jeep is still functioning and recently passed inspection so no plans to replace.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's such a great car! And there really is so much to learn in the features of the new models. I'm still learning my Jeep!

Lynda said...

We leased one on one of our England trips. It was fun to drive and we liked it...but still bought a Subaru Outback at home!

1st Man said...

Wow that's nice!!! And yay for a hybrid. 2nd Man and I are keeping our cars for now since they are paid off and it's letting us save money BUT when we do buy again, we'll go for hybrid or full EV. Our plans for the farm include having the garage prewired and setup for car charging. Enjoy your wonderful car!!! It's a beauty.

Vicki Lane said...

Nice looking ride!

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

The only feature I understand on cars is the handle on the passenger-side door. But your new wheels look fine to me. Thanks for enquiring about my health; I've had a minor problem though it's mostly the weather that's kept me grounded recently. I hope I'll be back soon.

Anvilcloud said...

The newer safety feature are impressive, but it does make repairs more expensive. Thankfully, they also seem to be made better than they were. But accidents still happen. A friend broke a side mirror. With the new electronics, the cost of replace the was $1800. another friend had a cracked windshield that cost $1400. My car is now so old that I don’t even have a backup camera, and that is one feature that I really would like to have.