Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Hello Spring!

 Signs in my NH yard.


Can you see the tiny green shoots of crocus?


Daffodil easier to see.


This is the bed on south side absorbing the warmth of the sun.


Another patch in the grass next to the deck has daffodils peeking out from melting snow.


Snow retreating where the sun shines warm.

And inside the amaryllis is almost spent but


look below.  Is that another flower stalk or leaves?


Spring comes slowly in NH as we've learned.  I'll enjoy it all.

3 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I actually discovered snowdrops today. I was very pleased about that.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I looked outside yesterday and what did I see - Snowdrops nodding their wonderful little white heads at me. I whistled a happy tune the rest of the day!

Faith said...

I live about an hour and 45 minutes southwest of NH in eastern NY (Capital Region, Albany) and i spied some crocuses today in my yard! YAY!!!