Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, March 27, 2023

Counting Down to Surgery

 4 full days before surgery.

I'm getting very conscious of the things I'm not going to be able to do by myself with my right hand wrapped up.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Saturday we came home from PA to more snow.


We went to PA on Friday to gather with Dan's family to celebrate his brother Don on what would have been his 65th birthday.  Don succumbed to lung cancer in July last year. He never married and had no offspring. He's especially missed by the youngest of the four brothers, Darren.



My husband, Dan is in the middle, Dennis #2 on left , and Darren #4 on right.

6 comments:

Tom said...

...I hope that the surgery goes well.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Good luck with the surgery and a speedy recovery.

Barbara Rogers said...

Great photo of the 3 brothers. How nice to gather in memory of Don. I'm sure lots of family stories were told. I'm sure your surgery will go well. I hope you don't worry about it too much, though a bit is normal! Yes, you'll be livings with a bit of handicap for a while, but in the end, you'll be better for it!

Anvilcloud said...

We also got Saturday snow, but it was very wet, so didn’t last too long. I mean there was some accumulation at the time, but it’s all gone now.

Fun60 said...

You can certainly see the family resemblance in that photo of the three brothers. I wish you a speedy recovery from your op.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It was nice that the family could get together in memory of Don and the photo of his brothers was nice to see. Interesting that the brothers all had a name that started with the ketter D.