Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Another Puzzle

 Here's the puzzle I finished Sunday as we watched Buffalo Bills beat the New England Patriots.  We were rooting for Buffalo.


I started this puzzle at the beginning of December.  I thought I'd have help at Christmas but it was only me for 99% of this 1000 piece puzzle.  First thing I did was sort out all the pieces that had the yellow of windows.  That helped me to get it started after finding most of the edge pieces.  Then I could sort by the building colors.  The toughest part was the snow and the bushes.  I almost gave up several times.

Next one is only 500 pieces.  I decided 1000 was just too much.

I guess I tend to do the little town scenes lately.

8 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I haven't done a jigsaw puzzle in years - and probably never will again!

Tom said...

...from what I hear, the ski slopes in New England are green as in this picture.

Blogoratti said...

What a nice looking puzzle. Well done!

Os meus momentos favoritos said...

Love Puzzles.

Anvilcloud said...

Your puzzle themes seem appropriate to your location. The only sport I watch is hockey, but Sue has no interest in watching with me.

Barbara Rogers said...

Great job on the 1000 pieces. Yes, give yourself a break with 500! I do like the little scenes of towns. But haven't done a puzzle in years...though I'd like to, just need the right table.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

That looks a particularly tricky jigsaw puzzle. I remember my father having a spell of doing jigsaws when he first retired and sitting up half the night trying to complete them.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The puzzle completion was an achievement, so congrats to you, Marcia. I have only done a couple of jigsaw puzzles of fewer total pieces and can't imagine attempting one with 1,000 pieces myself.