Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, November 3, 2022

Wednesday's Hike

 I missed the last two Wednesday walks because of illness and then traveling so today's walk felt good.

We went south from our gathering point to Claremont NH and parked to join the Sugar River Rail Trail. It was a 4 mile hike roundtrip next to the Sugar River.


Train tracks are long gone but the trail is well maintained.  The highlight of the portion we walked are two covered bridges.


The first was the Pier Bridge.










The second and our turnaround point was the Wright Bridge.







The temperature got up to 60º or more so it turned out to be a beautiful day for our hike.

Next week I will miss again as friends are coming to visit.

4 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I am sure it felt good to be out and about again.

Anvilcloud said...

Gotta luv a walk that includes covered bridges.

Barbara Rogers said...

You are so fortunate to live close to many covered bridges. Love that detail shot showing space between the wall and the roadbed. At least that's what I think it was.

Cynthia said...

Sorry to hear you have been sick. What a nice hike. Those old covered bridges are really special.