Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, October 31, 2022

Halloween

Carved pumpkins different this year.  I cut off the bottoms.

 





Ready for trick or treaters.  I had over 150 last year so expect that amount or more.











6 comments:

DrumMajor said...

Well that's an interesting way to fix up a pumpkin. Thanks for the teal treats; my nephew was severely allergic to peanuts until he got the new desensitizing shots. Before that, his sister, nor anyone, could even eat their own peanut products in the same room or airplane with him. Linda in Kansas

Anvilcloud said...

Cutting the bottoms is a treatment that I hadn’t heard of unto now. Makes sense.

Kay said...

This is so much fun! I'm afraid we haven't had children in our neighborhood for the last several years. However I did text two neighbors that I have treats for their little girls so they'll be coming. If nobody else comes, we're going to have a lot of snacks in the coming weeks.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

A creative way to carve the pumpkin. Well done. Very few kids showed up at our door last night, a sure sign that the neighbourhood is aging, and young families can barely afford these houses any more.

Faith said...

Cute way to carve pumpkins!!

We had a steady stream of little ones from about 5 pm-7 pm and then about a half hour of older kids. We actually didn't run out of candy this year!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That was a good way to cut the pumpkins and then have a stand. I wondered also if you put candles in them, Marcia. It looks like you were well prepared for Halloween visitors.