Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Mums




I transplanted two chyrsanthemums and by mistake broke off a branch.  I trimmed stems and stuck them in water in hopes I can force the buds open.  Never have done this before so don't know if it will work or not.


Here is the plant that gave up the stem I used.

And below is the other one.  The pots are faux ceramic and in fact the orange color had faded so I spray painted them on Saturday with a walnut color.

I like how it turned out.

The mums are to be bronze in color and you can see hints of color showing below.  Not the red in the corner - that's a geranium in the front bed.

 

10 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love mums! I like how your pot looks after you painted it. It's great that you have a nice big porch to put potted plants on. I have several pots of mums in my yard. They are such a lovely fall flower. I am hoping that I get some blooms from mine. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day1

Tom said...

...mums can be so brittle.

Anvilcloud said...

There’s.a REMINDER FOR ME THAT IT IS TIME TO get some mums. All our pots of petunias at the front are toast. The ones in the backyard are glorious. Go figure. Sorry about the caps which only happens on the iPad,

acorn hollow said...

I haven't bought mums in a few years not sure why I think it is because my germaniums are doing so well still, I don't feel the need.
Cathy

Vicki Lane said...

Our grocery store has beautiful mums--I just haven't gotten any yet. I usually opt for the purple and or deep red ones.

Cynthia said...

Those are going to be pretty in a couple weeks! I hope your broken piece experiment works.

Bonnie K said...

I love mum's, but they don't make it through the winter here. You asked if I retired. I'm I have 7 years, one month, and 15 days before that happens.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Sometimes I think I wouldn't know fall had arrived if I didn't see mums on everyone's front porch!

Lea said...

Looking good!
We expect to see bloom photos soon!
Have a blessed day!

Fun60 said...

Mums provide afabulous display in the autumn. Hope you have some luck woith the transplanting.