Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

View from Here

 It's clean up week.  A time when folks volunteer to walk along particular roads to pick up trash.

Daughter Emily signed us up for the road I live on.  From the township line north of here to its end at an intersection, it's just over 2 miles. Dan drove us to the starting spot and Emily, granddaughters and I picked up trash. Most of it was Bud Light cans. Who is drinking and driving?

There were long stretches thankfully where there was no trash.

Here's the one photo I took looking into the flat.


You can just see hints of green in the fields.

6 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Young males

Tom said...

...once the snow is gone months of trash appears.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I wish everyone took care of their own trash...but it's that way everywhere you travel! How nice to help clean it up.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Our village employs a retired man to walk around the streets each day and pick up the rubbish. He's incredibly keen and thorough, even sorting out what he can put into the re-cycling bins.

Vicki Lane said...

Thank you for doing this. It's appalling, the mindset that lets people litter like that.

Kay said...

You have all certainly done a good deed.