Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, April 11, 2022

Newport Cemeteries

 

What is it about cemeteries that draw me in to take a look?

In our walk around Newport we came upon three.


In this park was one dedicated to Irish immigrants. Despite being founded on religious liberty, the colony was not welcoming to Catholics at first.




There was another dedicated to early colonial Jews who made their home in Newport.  They were welcomed before Catholics were.




The last one we spied surrounded this church.










It definitely was a day without sun on the two days we explored Newport, Rhode Island. Fortunately the rain stopped once we had arrived.

5 comments:

acorn hollow said...

When our daughter was in college in RI we stayed in Newport a lot. It is such a lovely area.
Cathy

Tom said...

...days without sun can be great days to photograph things! Neat cemeteries.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Cemeteries are interesting places and it looks like Newport has some with a lot of history. Looks like you are a history buff like I am. I hope you have a good week. :-)

Barbara Rogers said...

What interesting cemeteries you visited. I'd like to see Newport sometime.

Anvilcloud said...

Yes, they can be interesting places in which to roam for awhile.