Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, April 25, 2022

My Garden Room

 

This clump of daffodils is tucked in a corner near the deck planted by former residents. There were irises in this space too that I transplanted.



Two different peonies that were in a very shaded garden 


and also in the midst of weeds at the edge of the field behind us have made their appearance this spring in a new flower bed where I moved them to last summer. Daughter Emily doesn't think they'll bloom for me this year because of how poorly they were doing in their former locations. 


The barn will be painted this summer but that doesn't prevent us from using it now.  The door on the left opens to what I've named the Garden Room. The doors leaning there outside are giveaways.  When we had a fence I thought I'd mount one on the fence after painting it. The other was going to be made into a headboard by son in law Matt. They have a headboard coming to them from his grandmother instead.



This was once an animal stall, likely for horses.


Dan built a potting bench for me and mounted a shelf.


My order from FedCo Seeds of perennials came on Friday last week and since we are not past our frost date, as instructed, I've temporarily planted the hosta, day lily and bleeding heart plants in potting soil.


Here's the door to an interior room with the steps that lead up to our rec room where the ping pong table is. See my blue bird bath on the floor on the right.  It's too soon to put that out too.


Love these daffodils - first color besides green and brown in the yard.


8 comments:

Tom said...

...a great space to have.

acorn hollow said...

I am not adding much to our gardens this year except a raised bed for vegies
cathy

Deb J. in Utah said...

Your barn has some very versatile space for your hobbies. It's great that you have all of that room to work with. :-)

Anvilcloud said...

That barn is great. The flowers too.

Barbara Rogers said...

Isn't it great to have those first sprouts and blossoms! Spring has advanced further along here...but I do remember how glad I was to see the colors come forth!

DrumMajor said...

Looks like a fun place to be. Maybe a tad bit of fertilizer will help the bulbs of your transplants. Linda in Kansas

Fun60 said...

Daffodils are a lways a joy to see after the starknes of the winter garden.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

your barn looks wonderful!!! and the potting shed will be wonderful. you must be loving your place.