Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, January 13, 2022

A Favorite Meal


Turkey croquettes with mashed potatoes and gravy and broccoli as a vegetable.
Recipe from Rachel Ray's 365: No Repeats.
It's one of the few recipes I have made on a regular basis from the cookbook. 
One pound of ground turkey makes 10 croquettes.  6 of these went into the freezer for another supper some other night. I label the containers and maintain a list on the side of the refrigerator so I know what I have.  It's like going shopping for dinner some days by consulting the list to see what I can thaw for dinner.


 Our salad was a fruit salad we call ambrosia - bananas sliced with oranges and coconut on top.  These were Cara Cara oranges and they are delightful.

6 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Sue seems to know what is is in the freezers, but I would have to do meticulous listing. I tried once but still lost track.

Tom said...

...yummy!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That looks like comfort food! YUMO!

Barbara Rogers said...

Lovely dinner, which I'm sure tasted as good as it looks. I've not done any fruit salads in a while, but did microwave an cut up apple yesterday with a bit of cinnamon then drank apple juice with it.

Deb J. in Utah said...

That all looks super good! It's making me hungry for dinner. I love Ambrosia fruit salad. It's a favorite, but I have never put coconut on top. Thanks for sharing. See you again soon. :-)

Kay said...

And now you've made my mouth water.