Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Flower Picking

 Emily suggested we go to a local farm that offers flower picking - the kinds that dry well - so we can dry our own for wreath making in November.  This was a first visit to this farm for me.


Rows and rose of statice in varying colors, globe amaranth, straw flowers and others I didn't know names for.


I had my basket weighed empty since the flowers were sold by the pound.  This is just shy of 2 pounds.





I came home with a white pumpkin too.


Emily spied this sign.  It's the same company featured in the large sign in our barn rec room advertising cream separators.


When I got home I put rubber bands on the stalks and hung the flowers to dry in the garden room of the barn.



8 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I like the little setting with the stove and pumpkins.

Tom said...

...a fun colorful outing.

Vicki Lane said...

Beautiful pictures! I look forward to seeing your wreath!

Barbara Rogers said...

That sounds like a fun outing...and contributing to your craftiness!

happyone said...

Lovely selection of flowers you chose. Great idea selling them by the pound!

Fun60 said...

They look pretty just hanging in the barn.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Looks like you will have a good supply of dried flowers for wreath making, Marcia. On our anniversary road trip in NH we passed a place where folks were apparently picking flowers and perhaps it was this one.

Kay said...

Oh my! That is going to be so beautiful!