Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Driving Us Crazy!

 This house painter is just driving us crazy!

We did fire him again on Sunday.

Then he showed up to argue about it.  We settled that he would come every day until job was done.  He promised he'd be here 10-5.  He started working at 11:30, left for lunch at 1:30, returned at 3:15 and departed at 5:15.

Monday he arrived at 11:30 and left at 2:30.

Today he just showed up at 1:30.

He claims he will be done by the 17th.










8 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Well, he sure won't get a very good reference!

Tom said...

...he's an independent cuss.

happyone said...

Wow that is just ridiculous!! I'd rather paint the house myself!

Margaret said...

Good (or reliable) painters are very, very hard to find. If you lived closer, I would give you mine. He did the outside and most of the inside. When he said he would be here at 7:30, that's exactly when he showed up (or before); he left my house cleaner and neater than how he found it. He even vacuumed! An amazing guy. Sorry you're having such stress. Do you think he'll actually finish on the 17th?

Deb J. in Utah said...

Contractors, painters and the like can be very frustrating to work with. I hope he has the work done by the 17th.

Fun60 said...

I can feel your frustration from here.

Anvilcloud said...

By his reaction tot he firing, it seems that his business is important to him, but his actions say otherwise.

Vicki Lane said...

Good grief--this guy sounds terrible. How about the quality of his work?