Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Friday, September 17, 2021

Waterfall 2

 Next waterfall was Screw Auger Falls.  We set the GPS but thankfully we spotted the signs 5 miles before where the GPS thought it was and pulled into the parking lot.

I love it when a park provides signs to explain what I'm seeing and why it's there.  First sign was great.



That sign was followed up with this one.



Behind the sign was this passage way to the falls.


Straight ahead I see this pool but turning to the right ...



Looking back at the pool the downstream is deceiving.


Walking downstream the rounded pools are visible and the falls continues.


Another sign tells more history.



The falls continues.















One last peek through the rocks at the falls.




7 comments:

Tom said...

...you found a nice one.

Vicki Lane said...

Beautiful! And what magnificent rocks!

Barbara Rogers said...

That's a beauty, and I especially like the rock formation in the second falls picture. I'm amazed at thinking a saw mill could run with belts to the power of the waterwheel 45 feet below! Some belt that must have been!

Fun60 said...

Although not high falls they are very picturesque amongst the rock formations.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Nice falls in a great location. I don't envy the people who have to decide how to explain something as complex as glaciation in just a few words.

Anvilcloud said...

This was a good one with good geology and explanation of it.

Kay said...

Gorgeous photos, Marcia. I see fall starting.