Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, September 16, 2021

Waterfall 1

 We were on a mission that first day of driving in Maine to see waterfalls after reading about how the area had so many.

The first one we came to was rather a disappointment. The sign gave us a great explanation of how the falls were formed so once we read that we started down the path to see it.



Can you see a falls through the trees?


How about now?


From what we could see the falls didn't live up to hype on the sign.

I did think these ferns growing on this rock face were cute.


And the face made by these roots growing over a rock were a bit scary.


On to the next waterfall.


8 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the face in that tree...that makes my hike! Wonder if the water level is low! Enjoy your day.

Anvilcloud said...

Maybe in spring runoff. :)

Cynthia said...

You will have to go back after a rain and see if it is worth it! On my bucket list is this: Camp near enough to a waterfall to listen to it as I go asleep. Maybe someday ….

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh that's too bad, having your hopes dashed, instead of water over the rocks!

Tom said...

...not really!

Vicki Lane said...

Not much of a waterfall but the tree roots are terrific.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That would have been a disappointment for us as well and really didn’t see much of any waterfalls.

Bonnie K said...

Hope your next waterfall endeavor is more magnificent.