Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, June 17, 2021

Summer

 The amount of spring days left are fast disappearing. It was time for a new shutter sign for the front porch.

This one is a bit smaller in height.  I had to scrape it, wash it, spray paint a primer coat then hand paint the rest.  Emily has a tub of acrylic paints that she inherited from my Mom.  She brings it on vacation as my Mom used to do for us to paint rocks.  



No words on this sign - just stars and stripes.  The stars are painted on a plate that I first painted blue.  I used one of my punches to punch out 13 stars which I arranged on the plate then outlined with a white pen then painted.

I used a plate hanger to hang the plate from the shutter.



Let summer begin!

8 comments:

Tom said...

...a colorful addition for your porch.

Marcia LaRue said...

Such a clever project and perfect for the 4th!

Kay said...

You are amazing, Marcia. I love all your wonderful ideas.

Barbara Rogers said...

That's incredible...though I don't understand the "punching" procedure...your stars are very well done!

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

That's very creative and colourful.

Cynthia said...

You did a nice job! July 4th is right around the corner and you are ready.
I hate what that the haters done with the flag, stolen it as their symbol to flaunt in an in-your-face way. It’s sad.

Bindu said...

Beautiful fun work!

Vicki Lane said...

Very nice!