Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Sunday, June 20, 2021

Along the Roadside

 Saturday morning I head up my road to the farmstand that's only open on Saturday.  Lauren sells eggs,   meat and this Saturday - goat cheese spread with herbs.

The wildflowers along the roadside are lovely so had to stop and take some photos.












In other news the barn contractor came today. We knew he was finally going to show up because Dan sent another email this week just asking where on his calendar we fit in.  It took several days but he said he'd be here Saturday morning after some errands.  I really didn't believe it because we have heard similar statements though not day specific, only week specific.  He is actually working in there as I type this blog.

Now the carpenter working on renovating our deck?  He was to come Thursday afternoon. No show. He was to be here all day Friday. No show but he did call after Dan tried to reach him.  He'll be here all next week.  Do I believe that?  I'll reserve judgement.

Maybe with my sister and brother in law coming on Wednesday for four days, all these contractors: barn, carpenter, tree/landscape company and flooring contractor (a repair needed on floor installed in February) will all converge on us at once.  Won't that be fun?

6 comments:

Tom said...

...Mother Nature plants some lovely gardens!

Anvilcloud said...

I think it's those yellow flowers in the two penultimate photos that are the dangerous, poisonous our ones.

Marcia said...

AC is right. The yellow flower pictured near the end is hazardous to your health. Daughter said not to touch it.The wild flower book she gave me calls it wild parsnip and warns "Avoid touching: juice causes skin to blister."

Barbara Rogers said...

Good luck with all the contractors as well as visitors! Glad you got to the farm stand and took all those pics.

Fun60 said...

A lovely walk to the farm. I don't envy you trying to pinpoint when the contractors might arrive. You are right they will all arrive at the same time!

Cynthia said...

When it rains, it pours! I’m sure they will all arrive and start pounding right along with your company. Beautiful drive to do your Saturday shopping, through fields of wildflowers. I’m sure you enjoyed all your very fresh edibles.