Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Saturday, March 20, 2021

Welcome Spring

Purchased these wooden letters for an old shutter redo. 



 On Pinterest saw lots of possibilities though mostly winter themed but figure I can do something similar for spring.

 It's going to be warming up soon so I can take a wire brush to the old wooden shutter, use some spray paint and the letters and make a spring sign for the front porch.


Inside I've got some spring decor out.

Pysanky eggs are on display. Most of these decorated over the years.

 





Signs of spring:  birds singing, sun warming the earth and melting the snow, mud season, and sap running into the sap buckets.  Daughter and family have been diligently collecting it, boiling it down outside and making maple syrup. It is really sweet.


Since this photo was taken the snow has mostly melted in their backyard.

13 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

It will be interesting to see what you can do with the shutters.

Barbara Rogers said...

Happy Ostara, Spring equinox, first day of Spring! Loved your eggs. They are so beautiful. I used to blow out the innards, then paint various things...lots of Humpty Dumpty's. Freshly boiled maple syrup sounds lovely, I'm sitting here eating some toaster waffles with butter and good tasting nutritional yeast. Yesterday however, I had real pure maple syrup on pancakes. Keep on making pretty decorations and showing them here, it's very uplifting!

Tom said...

...sap season is a sure sign of spring.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The eggs are so beautiful. I probably won't decorate for Spring this year. But I love seeing pretty things!

Margaret said...

Those eggs are gorgeous! My daughters used to love to paint eggs, but theirs are not as beautiful. :)

Kay said...

Those eggs are works of art. You guys make maple syrup? That is just too awesome!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

I love how all the eggs are decorated Marcia. Have a wonderful week ahead.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Looks like you have some great ideas on how to repurpose those old shutters, Marcia. The eggs are beautiful colors and very cheerful to welcome spring and the temps this week will make it feel like it’s here in NH. Maple syrup is a favorite here.

Cynthia said...

That maple syrup is going to taste so good! We had three maples and when my children were young tapped them and made syrup. My younger daughter won a blue ribbon at the Minnesota state fair with her maple syrup project one year! The SPRING leltlers look very nice just sitting there in the window.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

A nice idea to decorate the house for Spring. Yes, I'm fine; just not much to blog about at present.

Buttercup said...

Ooh! Maple syrup season. All of our snow is gone and we're right into spring. Just put my winter hat away (I hope) for the season and soon for my gloves. My Eddie Bauer downcoat has now retired for the year. Yay!

Bonnie K said...

Those eggs are beautiful. I would love to try and make syrup from our birch trees. Good luck with the shutter project!

Anonymous said...

I love waking up to the sound of birds early in the morning!