Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, April 2, 2020

Virtual Vacations Anyone?

Got an email from VRBO through which we had rented an apartment at the Grand Tetons for a week in June.  We have canceled that trip.

But VRBO is sharing virtual vacations.  I think I'll try these.

VIRTUAL VACATIONS LINK



Sent to me but I don't know who CD is.
******

My daughter sent me this article and snippet from it.  Something to consider and helps explain why some people get mild cases of Covid - 19.

Low dose spread   = less severe case 

For everyone else, the importance of social distancing, mask-wearing and good hygiene is only greater, since these practices not only decrease infectious spread but also tend to decrease dose and thus the lethalness of infections that do occur. While preventing viral spread is a societal good, avoiding high-dose infections is a personal imperative, even for young healthy people.
At the same time, we need to avoid a panicked overreaction to low-dose exposures. Clothing and food packaging that have been exposed to someone with the virus seem to present a low risk. Healthy people who are together in the grocery store or workplace experience a tolerable risk — so long as they take precautions like wearing surgical masks and spacing themselves out

5 comments:

Tom said...

...more and more I live in a virtual world.

R's Rue said...

❤️

Anvilcloud said...

That is interesting how you can possibly decrease the amount of infection.

Fun60 said...

I heard that on a TV programme. I can't imagine how frightening it must be for the doctors and nurses who are in the front line.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Last evening 20 of us watched a hilarious play FREE from the National Theatre in London (virtually) It was great fun. There is an opera tonight from the Royal Opera House in London so another good night with virtual company. Stay Safe and have a lovely weekend.