Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, March 12, 2020

New Measures to Keep Us Safe

Learned yesterday from the Director of this retirement community of new measures she is implementing to keep us Covid-19 free.

Outside performers. speakers, and class teachers are banned for two months.
I got emails from my card making teacher and Zentangle teacher that they will see me again in May.

Visitors to independent living tower are to be self screening.
Don't enter if you've traveled out of the country, or if you have any symptoms of any illness.

No more guests for meals in any of our eating venues.

Discouraging any visitors especially young children.

All trips canceled.

For the health center which has assisted living, comprehensive nursing care, and memory care all visitors are banned.

Staff for health center will be screened with temperature readings before starting work.

All staff are to monitor their health.

It goes on and will get more stringent. So far this county has no cases of the virus but adjacent counties all do. 

How is it where you live?

7 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

These are very comprehensive.

Lea said...

It is smart to take precautions. As far as I know we have not had any cases in Mississippi yet. When I went to vote (primary elections) on Tuesday, bottles of hand sanitizer were sitting around. Hope everyone used it!

Tom said...

...and the lock down beings.

Terra said...

There are 3 cases in my county in California. On Monday I visited the retirement home where I volunteer and on Tuesday I got an email saying no visitors until at least March 22. I am staying at home the rest of this week, though will probably go out for groceries. The university here has cancelled physical classes until April 2. Be well.

Fun60 said...

It is beginning to take a hold in the Uk now with 600 confirmed cases and 10 deaths. It is a cobination now of personal hand washing, sanitising and keeping your distance from other people. Avoid crowds. Anyone with a cough orcold needs to self isolate. Each day the government is reviewing the situation. Things are going to get an awful lot worse before they get better.

Plain Jane said...

9 confirmed cases in Tennessee. Local schools are starting spring break early to disinfect the schools. It's starting to hit closer to where I live so it's a little frightening.

Kay said...

We have two confirmed cases in Hawaii. The ONLY reason we don’t have more is because testing hasn’t been done early enough. They’re only now starting to test and even then, people are having a hard time getting those tests done. This country is so behind and there’s no excuse. We had enough warnings.