Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Sunday, March 15, 2020

It's Gotten Closer

Read the news bulletin that coronavirus had arrived in our county today.  Paramedics took an 82 year old woman to the hospital.  Unfortunately for the medics they didn't arrive in proper garb to be protected and now are quarantined for 14 days.

It won't be long before we have more cases.  The woman was in a nursing home.

Our church met today.  We are a small congregation that shares space in an interfaith center.  We were the only congregation that met.  Instead of a sermon we made bag lunches for the local homeless shelter.  We decided after worship that next week the "worship service" would be streamed on FaceBook. What we don't know is how long this will be for.  The interfaith center is likely to close down sometime next week too.

Finally with the virus arriving here in the county, the county executive announced that the malls, bars and restaurants would be closed.  Only exception would be for restaurants that deliver food.

The only thing on my calendar that would take me out of Vantage Point, my home, is volunteering at Neighbor Ride.  Even that may not happen.

The world is closing down.

5 comments:

Tom said...

...life is changing as we know it, but Donny keeps saying "Stay Calm!"

Anvilcloud said...

You folk have gone farther than we have, but I expect more announcements today.

Fun60 said...

Things are changing so quickly and it is a worry for those who will not be able to work. Not everyone can work from home including my sil who is a builder. Hard times ahead.

Kay said...

My son and his family are all in self isolation now in Maryland. What a dramatic turn of events in one week. One day being told it's fine and not to worry, then a couple of days later... chaos with mixed information. Luckily my son and daughter-in-law are able to work from home. I just HOPE they have enough supplies.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Yes life is changing and we all have to adapt and stay calm