Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Saturday, March 14, 2020

Signs of Spring

Life goes on despite the horrible state of the world's health.

I took a walk after lunch and captured some signs of spring.

Daffodils in the woods along the trail.



New green leaves


A greening of the ground cover on the river bank.


A willow showing its new color.


At first I thought this swath of yellow was pansies.


Closer inspection and I discovered miniature daffodils.



In the raised bed in the gardens behind Vantage Point the perennials I rescued from daughter's home to babysit before she moved to Buffalo, NY are showing new growth.


We learned last night that they found a house to purchase and their contract was accepted.  These plants should have a new home come late June.  Well, that's if we can travel there then.




5 comments:

Tom said...

...you struck gold!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

"A host of golden Daffodils" So beautiful. Have a wonderful week ahead and stay safe from the virus. Thanks for all your comments.

Fun60 said...

At least some things continue as normal. The daffodils are a real ray of sunshine. I didn't get to Dunblane on this trip. My usual thirst for travel and adventure has been thwarted by the news of the rapid spread of the virus. I have decided to cut this trip short and will be back in London in a couple of days before more restructions on travel are announced. Let's hope we all stay safe.

Anvilcloud said...

This is nice to see as the signs won't arrive here for some time yet.

Gosia said...

great spring the same in Poland