Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, March 5, 2020

Idiocy Revealed

One of the blogs I read October Farm had this poster on her blog this morning.  You can read the whole blog post here.


I read it to my husband asking "Is this a real survey?"  He said yes so I went to CNN's site and searched Corona Beer and found the article.  In it it described the survey.  Now the survey was of 700+ beer drinkers, but yes 38% of them said that.

Here's the quote from the article.
5W Public Relations said that 38% of Americans wouldn't buy Corona "under any circumstances" because of the outbreak, and another 14% said they wouldn't order a Corona in public. The survey encompasses polling from 737 beer drinkers in the United States.
Are there really Americans who are that dumb? 

Now conflating these poor idiot beer drinkers with the supporters of Trump, there may be something to that.  I'll let you decide.  You know my opinion of that man.

Let me share one other poster from that same blog that has some good advice.



5 comments:

Tom said...

...Marcia, for the most part part our fellow Americans are idiots on a good day!

Elaine said...

Oooh, on that basis then, I wonder whether all the Corona Lemonade/Cherryade/Dandelion & Burdock etc, which I drank as a child, will have given me immunity? ;-)

Truly, we have idiots on both sides of the pond.

Cynthia said...

That’s crazy! I like the poster, though.

Fun60 said...

I have just started my day laughing thanks to your post. I cannot tell you how much that means as today I should be packing ready to fly off to Vietnam etc tomorrow but I have decided the risks are too great. If only I had realised I just needed to avoid Corona drinks!Thank you for cheering me up Marcia.

Anvilcloud said...

This is why much of the world thinks Americans are stupid. It is not true, of course, but the ignoramuses tend to stick in our minds.