Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Saturday, March 7, 2020

Another Book to Read

I should live up to my blog title on at least one of the categories there.  Sorry it can't be birds or blooms but it can be books.  I try to keep a list in sidebar of the books I've read, which reminds me I need to update it after posting this.

Just finished this book.


Found it in the Free Little Library in the park near here.  I knew I'd read it before but didn't remember much of the story other than I knew it was a good one.  

And it was as good the second time especially since I had mostly forgotten the story.

Here's the blurb from the back:
"A.J. Fikry's life is not all what he expected it to be.  He lives alone, his bookstore is experiencing the worst sales in its history, and now his prized possession, a rare collection of Poe poems, has been stolen.  But when a mysterious package appears at the bookstore, its unexpected arrival gives Fikry the chance to make his life over--and see everything anew."

If you are a book lover you'll like this book.  It's quite a believable story about the human condition and twists of fate.

What are you reading?

My next book to read is for my book club "Mama's Boy: A Memoir".  This is a book club made up of  now retired teachers.  I've been a part maybe 15 years!  Wow, but its beginning predates that.

The book group I was instrumental in starting here at Vantage House will read for April 9th meeting "The Ninth Hour". I've read that recently for my other book club.  I must go to the library today to pick up all the copies set aside for us and distribute them.

1 comment:

Sue in Suffolk said...

I know I've read this and enjoyed it but can't remember the story. It is the only author I've read with a surname beginning with Z!