Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Tuesday Treasures

It's been a very long time since I linked to Tom's Tuesday Treasures but with all these photos from our trip to Barcelona in October I need to share them somehow.

The Prado in Madrid is Spain's premiere art museum with lots of art treasures.

I have only two photos because I didn't see the sign that said no photography allowed.  As I took these two in the main atrium/hallway, a very polite staff person come up to me to tell the rule.



We arrived when it opened and stayed way past lunch hunger pains.  We couldn't see it all, but we focused on particular artists or time periods of interest.  We had a meet up point since four of us went in separate directions.  It was worth the trip.

Here's a link to the website so you can see for yourself what the Prado has.

Postscript to Monday's Post:
Thank you to all the viewers that revealed themselves as readers but not commenters.  I know there are more but as Marie, one regular commenter noted, if they are not signed in to google they can't comment.

5 comments:

Tom said...

...what a stately building filled use treasures. Some of the paintings are massive! Thank you Marcia for sharing, I know that you have seen many treasures on your travels.

Tanya Breese said...

Glad you were able to get a couple of pictures! I'm always disappointed when I can't take pictures somewhere but I understand.

Fun60 said...

I loved the Prado. I'm glad you were able to take a couple of photos.

Anvilcloud said...

Our art gallery has been back and forth wrt photography. I think they allow it now. I don't know how prohibiting it serves a purpose.

Kay said...

I was really surprised when they told us we could take as many photos as we wanted at the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam. But yes, most museums don't want you taking photos, especially because they're worried about flash, I think.