Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, January 2, 2020

Heron on Ice

That title sounds like something to eat!

We went for a walk on Christmas Day.  The lake across the street had a coating of ice which the heron used to watch for a meal.


The ice was short lived.  Temperatures into the 50s during the day take care of the ice.

Wishing for some snow!

3 comments:

Tom said...

...there's no ice to be had here, maybe next week.

doodles n daydreams said...

A wonderful photo of the heron. Hope you get your snow. I'm wishing for some sun and warmth, it's meant to be summer here :)
Diana

Cynthia said...

Poor guy! How’s he sposed to get his dinner? I’m glad to hear it melted. Otherwise I’d say he should be moving south. Nice photo.