Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Booklist for 2019

I didn't make it to 100 books read this year.  In fact I read fewer than in 2018.


If you haven't read these I recommend you add them to your "to read" list for 2020.

#6 Becoming by Michele Obama

#30 Once Upon a River by Diane Setterfield

#33 The Girl with Seven Names by Hyeonseo Lee

#41 The Clockmaker's Daughter by Kate Morton

#66 A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles

# 76  Talking to Strangers by Malcolm Gladwell

But I have to say if a book was terrible it didn't make it on the list because I gave up on it.  So there are lots of good books on that list.

I have a book discussion on Monday of #77 After Anna and one on the 17th of a book I have yet to read.  Before reading that one I must finish Olive, Again by Elizabeth Strout.

Happy reading in 2020.  It's something I try to do every day!

1 comment:

Gosia said...

Happy New Year. I think I would try to read the first one.