Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Buffalo Waterfront

First an apology for how dark some of these photos are.  I should have deleted them and gone back into iPhoto and lightened them. I didn't!

So these are the last photos of our trip to Buffalo in mid-July.

Below is the Children's Museum where we first headed.


A stop off to read the plaque about Tim Horton, a famous hockey player from Canada, whose name is now associated with a chain of coffee & doughnut shops.


The Children's Museum was a fascinating place and not just for children.






Granddaughter liked it too.



After the museum and lunch we walked to the waterfront.



Never have seen water bikes before.


Foundations from when Buffalo was the gateway to the west and receiving end of products from the west.


We were surprised by the assemblage of warships, submarines and planes along the waterfront.














We continued on to the point enjoying the flowers in full bloom.







The reason for the trip was to celebrate granddaughter's 2nd birthday.  She had a pie!



4 comments:

Tom said...

...I'm waiting for the antique carousel to be installed at Canalside.

Fun60 said...

Two already! Time is moving on far too quickly for me. Lots to see and do in Buffalo. Have never seen a water bicycle before.

Cynthia said...

I hadnt seen water bikes like that. Would be fun to try, I think. A very fun birthday for a two year old, I think. She looked right at home in that little kitchen.

Anvilcloud said...

It always does a Canadian's heart good to see Tim Horton in the States, even if the company is no longer Canadian.