Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, July 8, 2019

From the Files - 15

This is an occasional posting to savor the moments from past travels.

Scotland September 2017

Ancient history fascinates me.  When we traveled in Scotland I was drawn to visit the ancient monuments.



















7 comments:

Tom said...

...it's no wonder that everything is built of stone!

Fun60 said...

I wonder what the Earth was like in the time of those stones.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

We had a great visit to Hadrian's Wall on a visit to Britain a few years ago. Very enjoyable.

Cynthia said...

On my first solo trip to The UK i walked most of Hadrian’s Wall. It is one of my favorite things I have ever done.

Tom said...

...Marcia, when you go to Buffalo for your granddaughter's birthday check this place out.

https://backroadstraveller.blogspot.com/2013/07/olcott-beach-carousel-park.html

Anvilcloud said...

Not that I necessarily know a lot about it, but ancient history and pre-history fascinates me too. That's one reason why I was keen to visit the Neanderthal exhibit recent;y

Kay said...

These are such interesting places. I would love to see them some day. Your photos are so wonderful!