Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Pesto

I returned from my trip to Buffalo, NY yesterday.  Saturday I traveled there by car with daughter and granddaughter. Son in law had traveled there on Thursday.  My job was to help with the move and provide child care.

Granddaughter ready to go.  She was good for the 9 hours it took us.


She loved the new playground near her home.


This morning I went to my little raised bed plot here at Vantage House and harvested basil.


I found a You Tube video on how to make it in a Nutribullet since we no longer have a food processor or a blender. Can't find that link now though.

6 cups of washed leaves


Olive oil.  Recipe said 3/4 cup I had to use more to keep the NutriBullet going.


4 cloves garlic


Parmesan cheese.  I used more than the 3/4 cup by stirring in more at the end that I didn't process.


Pecans.  Didn't measure but I think the recipe said 1/2 cups.


Here is one container before a layer of olive oil to preserve it.


Here's the other container with coating of olive oil.


I'll find uses for it for lunch or pasta side dish.



4 comments:

Tom said...

...it's good to hear that you had a safe trip.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

It really looks delicious. I am glad that you enjoyed your trip to Buffalo and I am sure you were a great help.

Fun60 said...

I love the smell and taste of basil.

Kay said...

This looks very delicious! I'm glad your granddaughter will have a fun place to play.