Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

What I'm Reading

I haven't been very timely in adding to my Books Read List.  As I write this I see I've got 5 more books to add there.

"The Only Woman in the Room" 
By Marie Benedict
A story about the actress Hedy Lamar during WWII.

"Racing the Devil" and "Hunting Shadows"
By Charles Todd
These are the last two of the Ian Rutledge series
I'll have to watch to see if that mother/son writing team writes more in the series.

"Jane Eyre"
By Charlotte Bronte
Haven't read this for many many years and after reading Wuthering Heights decided to read all the Brontes' books.  I have another on reserve. 

"His Blood Project"
by Graeme Macrae Burnet
Not sure why I stuck with this one.  It was short and I kept expecting a twist to the ending that never came.

Currently reading:
"The Clockmaker's Daughter"
By Kate Morton
It's wonderful so far!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, it’s nice to meet you! You asked what my dad felt when dowsing, it was just an unseen pull of the rod or stick downwards toward the ground, it’s amazing to see, nature is truly amazing, I will enjoy reading your blog it’s about all things I love!

Kay said...

I used to like the Roma Sub Rosa series by Steven Saylor. It's about a detective set in ancient Rome. I think I've read almost all of his books.

Cranberry Morning said...

Thank you for stopping in today, Marcia. I'm confident that Tommy and Smokey are in good hands. That puts my mind at ease.

Terra said...

I read mystery series too, and have been tempted to read the Charles Todd books. Today I bought two books in series I am reading "The Overnight Kidnapper" by Andrea Camilleri and "House at Sea's End" by Elly Griffiths.