Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Coating

Don't know if my photos will do justice to the coating of ice that is everywhere except the streets, thankfully.



It started late Sunday night with bit of snow but changed over to misting rain that iced on every raised surface.


The streets were well treated but sidewalks were not so schools closed. after first announcing a 2 hour delayed opening.


It looks lovely from here on the 11th floor.


Warming temps this afternoon will bring all the moisture to the ground.


The lake is already having a load of water going over the dam.


But there's more frozen stuff in the forecast ahead.




4 comments:

Tom said...

...I'll take snow over ice any .

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Pretty images from the 11th floor

Cranberry Morning said...

Ice is the worst! And black ice is the most deceptive. I agree with Tom. Stay safe!

Fun60 said...

Must be exciting to be cosy looking down on the snowy scenes.