Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, January 21, 2019

Laurel & Hardy Movie

Saturday we went to see "Stan & Ollie", a movie about the famous comedy duo of Laurel & Hardy.

The movie has not had wide release but as fans of Laurel & Hardy movies we have been watching for the movie to appear.  Finally it did at a small theatre south of here in Silver Spring, MD called AFI. We have never been here before but luckily the movie was being screened in the original theatre so we felt like we'd gone back in time.

I tried to capture some of the theatre in these photos.





The movie was great.  If you get a chance go see it.

3 comments:

Tom said...

...slapstick never goes out of style,

Fun60 said...

It has had very good reviews. I haven't been to the cinema for ages and have missed a few gems. The cinema looks a bit of a find. I expect you will be going there again.

Cynthia said...

It looks like you did not have a lot of company in the theater. I never much liked their form of humor so i think i will pass. I am glad you enjoyed it.