Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Reading Rate

I just finished my 8th book for 2017.  See my list on the left side.  At this rate of 4 a month I'll only read 48 books this year which is less than last year's total of 69.  

What do I attribute this too?  Many more activities here at Vantage House to occupy my time.  

For example: once a week I go to a group called Mixed Media.  A woman who used to teach art in school has an art project for us each week.  I spend time between classes finishing the assignment.

Also once a month is a Zentangle class.  I am on two Resident Association committees: marketing and social/cultural activities.  Those meet once a month.  There's also a book discussion group that meets once a month.

There are speakers, music programs, and movies.  Then there are trips both with Vantage House and on our own with friends.

Five days a week I attend an exercise class.  Today was Boot Camp at 8 am for 45 minutes.

I also volunteer as a driver 3 times a month with Neighbor Ride.  And once a month go with Vantage House to the County Food Bank.

I am very busy so reading gets 2nd priority now.

So much for retirement.  I'm busier now more than ever, but life is good.

2 comments:

Tom said...

...a busy life is a good life.

2 Tramps said...

It sounds like you have settled in very well with your new living arrangements. What a good time you are having there! And so busy, too!