Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Tuesday Treasures #21 - My New Neighborhood

As many of you know we have recently moved back to Columbia, MD, a planned city after living in the woods in Baltimore County.  One of the strong incentives for the move was being able to walk places.  If you have been reading my blog for long you know I lived on 8 acres with only my driveway and lane decent enough to walk on.  

Now I treasure the walking routes I have here.  One of these is across the street and around Wilde Lake.

Maryland has no natural lakes so when Columbia was built several lakes were made.  Two are close to my new home.  I shared views of Lake Kittaquamundi here from when we walked there in February and had the epiphany to move to Vantage House.

Here now are views of Wilde Lake - a treasure here in Columbia.




 Photo below taken on the opposite shore from the two photos above.


From the path below the dam looking over at Vantage House.


The driveway of Vantage House



6 comments:

Tom said...

Marcia, I clicked and deleted your comment, darn! I visited Columbia about 35 years ago. The lakes are a treasure to have in a community. I hope that your new place feels like home! Thanks for stopping by and please come back again soon.

Lady Fi said...

Fabulous shots!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations with your new home. It's nice to discover a new enviroment.
The lake looks beautiful and I wished I had something like that close to my home.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is a beautiful, scenic looking area.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

So glad you are settling in adn finding more walks than your previous home. The lake and reflections are stunning.

Dawn Y. said...

Walking near water always brings us such peace! Walking along Wilde Lake, as it changes with the seasons, is sure to be a highlight of your days. Wishing you miles and miles of happy walks, Marcia! ♡Dawn@Petals.Paper.SimpleThymes