Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Spires from the Train Window

I took the Vermonter train from Baltimore to Windsor, Vermont to visit my granddaughter for her 2nd birthday.  Lots of interesting sights from the train.  Graffiti is very evident on any vertical surface and its amazing how much junk is piled near train tracks in metropolitan areas.  

I looked for churches to capture as we quickly sped by.  I was not always successful.  It was raining on the trip north and snowing in spots on the trip home.

The train goes through 8 states: Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Vermont.  I couldn't tell you where these churches were along the route other than they were not in Vermont.









Linking to Inspired Sunday

6 comments:

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i really enjoy that front window. gorgeous!! happy <3 day! have a warm & cozy day, it is so cold. ( :

Tom said...

looks like the view got better with time.

doodles n daydreams said...

Hard to get shots from any moving vehicle but sometimes it makes them all the more interesting.

Diana
http://adifferentlenslens365.blogspot.co.nz/2016/02/toko-church.html

Billy Blue Eyes said...

I like train rides, Tend to go up to London on it but like you the ride tends to go through some undesirable parts of the city. Some great looking churches you passed, did you get to see any?

Tony McGurk said...

Trains are one thing I miss since we moved back to Tasmania from the Australian mainland 10 years ago. We only have freight trains here & no passenger trains. You did a good job getting all these church photos from a speeding train. Some nice tall towers too.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great looking church spires!