Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Return to the Glen

Sunday afternoon was a rather warm, high 50ºs day so I decided to grab the camera this time, put on my boots and head down to the glen where I visited on Saturday.





The glen is on the south side of our property.  Our backyard borders the top of the glen and with the leaves off the trees we can see into glen when we stand on the edge.  Come spring the view will slowly disappear.




I headed down the path way and down to the creek.

I can see just a bit of the house once I get down the path.

Tree trunks are scattered in the woods victims of the summer derecho.


I was in luck.  More artifacts, here displayed on a mossy tree trunk.



I headed up stream and spied these.  A canning lid seal made of ceramic or porcelain and it was whole.



And another pottery shard.


 On the trip back up the path way this snail shell caught my eye but I left it in place.

 An old tree stand built before we owned this property.
 Almost back to the house and this is perspective I have of my house.

And back to the top.




Connecting to Our World Tuesday.



11 comments:

Unknown said...

Spring comes early in the south. Boom * Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely walk through your photo tour ~

(A Creative Harbor) ^_^ on Blogger

1st Man said...

Great tour, and more great finds. And your home is just beautiful....thanks for sharing.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Beautiful area, Marcia. I love your home and the 'glen' beside it. That is a neat path down to the creek --and you found lots of special treasures.... Love it..

Hugs,
Betsy

Indrani said...

What a great virtual tour! Great experience.

Fun60 said...

Thank -you for showing us around your property. It's always so interesting to see where others around the world live.

Anonymous said...

I loved this post. It was my kind of walk! Thanks!
McGuffy's Reader
http://www.mcguffysreader.blogspot.com

Marcia said...

Well I guess I'm south compared to you there in Ontario. It's still too early to have all that greenery at the creek. Chalk it up to GW.

Marcia said...

Thanks for all the compliments. I should take that walk more often.

Stewart M said...

Thats a great walk to have at the bottom of the garden!

Were you feet off the ground in the first picture?

Cheers

Stewart M - Melbourne

Marcia said...

Stewart - good for you noticing my feet were off the ground. I sat on a log and took that photo. My heels may have been touching but that's it.