Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

"Still Alice"

This novel by Lisa Genova is a must read for anyone who has known someone with Alzheimer's disease. The story is told from the perspective of the woman who has the disease and though the author has taken some liberties with how fast the disease progresses you get the full impact of the tragedy of such a diagnosis.

1 comment:

HolleyGarden said...

I had a friend develop Alzheimer's. Very sad. What was beautiful was that her husband was so loving toward her. Really spoke volumes about their relationship.