Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Wrens

The wren nested again this year in the hanging bird house I purchased for it last year when he fought with the chickadee for the other bird house. Lately a persistent squabbling has come from the house each time an adult wren came near. The last few days the adults couldn't fit into the house with their tender morsel to feed the babies.


Today after mowing the back lawn I noticed a head peering out the hole. I grabbed the camera to record it. I got one picture before the little wren frightened and flew out. I realized then that two others were already out when the adult wren put up a fuss about my presence.

When I turned back to put the camera away there was a fourth baby at the hole of the bird house. It posed for this picture then flew out, too to join its siblings and parents in the brush.

No comments: