Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Sunday, August 9, 2026

Odds and Ends


Isn't she a cutie?  Left behind a curtain on the window sill in the guest room by granddaughter #3.  I'll return her to granddaughter next time I see her.


During vacation a week ago I tried my hand at watercolors again.

First two are attempts at painting birch trees.



This one was the first I did on a tiny piece of watercolor paper.  It's the island we canoed to where there was a rock that birds liked to sit on so we named it.


Our local paper doesn't publish a Sunday version so all the Sunday comics come in the Saturday paper.  Dan reads the comics religiously.  Me?  I read the ones he points out to me.  Here are two from current issue.

 


8 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Fun Sunday with paintings and funnies.

Tom said...

...your watercolors are wonderful. I tried once. Once and done!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I think you have talent. Show us more!

Boud said...

Summer's a great time to break out the watercolors. And to record places you've been. Good for you.

DrumMajor said...

Beautiful paintings. I love birch trees. The Oklahoma City Sunday paper used to have 12 pages of color comics. When I went to college and later, my Mom would fold them up and mail them to me. I stopped getting them when my son started college cuz she mailed them to him! Heaven isn't sending us any comics though. Linda in Kansas

DeniseinVA said...

I love your paintings of the birch trees. I also like to read the funnies. These are good ones.

Miss Merry said...

Wonderful watercolors! The birch trees are lovely.
It would be me with the jam. I am so good at stuff like that, lol

Vicki Lane said...

Lovely watercolors!