Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Sunday, July 28, 2024

What’s Blooming Now?

 


Above and below in pots on the deck. Pots took a beating while we were away. 


Bee balm which all pollinators and humming birds are loving.


    Shasta daisy


Gloriosa daisy


Day lilies of several varieties. 




Dahlias.  I have these planted in lots of places this year and most have their first bloom.




Oregano is blooming and loved by this bug. What is it, David?


Glad to see this day lily. It was a favorite at our house in Columbia and then at the Lodge. Must have come to us from daughter who dug some up when we moved. She had it in at least three different houses before giving it back to me. 




Both hydrangea varieties are blooming. 



9 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

That's quite a welcoming committee of blooms. Gorgeous!

Tom said...

...it looks like a Great Black Wasp. You are a riot of color!

Barbara Rogers said...

Beautiful to see all these blooms!

stardust said...

What vibrant blooms in your garden! Many plants in my garden look wilting in the scorching sun.

Anvilcloud said...

It is that time of year, for this is my third consecutive post that is gardening related.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

The insect is a species of mud-dauber wasp.

Fun60 said...

You have worked hard in the garden and now you are reaping the rewards. The abundance of flowers is fabulous.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post