Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, December 14, 2023

A Fun Mess

 


Just spent the last hour making this mess.  But I had lots of fun


decorating all the cutout cookies I baked yesterday.  Above melted chocolate chips with some dipped in coconut.


The rest decorated with icing made of confectionary sugar and milk.  It was still a bit runny so I went for the stained glass look.



I've also made peanut butter cookies, molasses cookies, chocolate chews with pecans, and oatmeal almond chocolate cookies.  I have 6 cookies plates to make up for neighbors and the rest of these will be when family visits.

What cookies are you making this year?

11 comments:

Tom said...

...none, I need cookies like a hole in my head!☃️ 🎄 ❄️ 🎅🏼

David M. Gascoigne, said...

None!

Latane Barton said...

Me? ... well, with a daughter who has had a cookie bakery for 40 years I don't even attempt to make cookies. I know you had a blast making those, though. I like the trees the best.

DrumMajor said...

I noticed the maple leaves. It's all really pretty. I like mincemeat cookies, but nobody else likes them. Linda in Kansas

Fun60 said...

Wow you have been busy.

acorn hollow said...

They look wonderful!!
Cathy

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The melted chocolate sure looks yummy! I love all the shapes and sizes and the pretty colors. My husband has a Christmas birthday so I always bake something special for him and he gets to choose! Merry Christmas!

Vicki Lane said...

Oh, these are lovely! I never got into the Christmas cookie thing. For years I made loaves of orange/cranberry bread and then I got into making dark fruitcakes with dried (not candied) fruit. But now, with so many friends and family avoiding carbs/gluten/ sugar/etc., I don't.

stardust said...

I couldn’t pass by this delicious post after a glance. No plan of making cookies. My daughter and her children often enjoy cookie-making. Shapes are mostly animals or Dorae-mon (anime character). My favorite of yours is Christmas-tree.
Yoko

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

While I will not be baking as many as yourself, Marcia, I plan to do some chocolate chip cookies, molasses and peanut butter. Your decorations are colorful but mine will be done au natural. Hope everyone appreciates your baking efforts and generosity.

Kay said...

Oh my gosh! These are so adorable and pretty.
I'm not making cookies anymore. However, I'm making a ton of fruitcake. It's the Hawaiian version though and different from the mainland type or the bought type. The Hawaiian version is more cakey, but with lots of fruit. Still...we are receiving lots and lots of cookies from friends and neighbors.