Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, April 20, 2023

A Wednesday Walk

 We gathered at a local restaurant parking lot and walked out and back on primarily a gravel road for 5 miles round trip.  I had walked a portion of this in December on a very frigid day. It was a nice walk, though a bit chilly and at one point we felt some sleet hit us.  

Here are the few photos I captured.




Ida and Noel with Denali, the dog are the usual pacesetters.



Here are  L to R: Noel, Sydell, Ida, Helen and Jeanne pausing at the rock which is the turn around point.


Pam and Rachel busy in conversation didn't hear me ask them to get in the photo.  There were three other walkers besides me, but they turned back at the half way there point I believe.  They were long gone when we returned to the cars.



The grass is the greenest thing right now but there is faint color in the trees, too.


I like the blue of this barn and falling down stone wall in front.  The farm looked vacant.

Next Wednesday I get my cast off and start therapy.  I see progress already. I'm able to use my fingers better for typing, though not my thumb. Anything over 1 lb is difficult to hold.

9 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Looks like a great walk and kudos to those who stuck it out and did the whole thing.

acorn hollow said...

Not yet best day for a walk but it always feels so good to get out in the fresh air.
Cathy

Anvilcloud said...

oh, I do like that barn pic. Does your group not have a coffee together afterward?

Tom said...

...good lucky with your therapy.

Barbara Rogers said...

What a great walk! Glad the cast has it's due to be gone date. My cataract guy told me no bending over, or lifting more than 5 pounds. I have kept looking up when bending over (because everything ends up on the floor for some reason, and I sure don't want to trip on it!) I got my Physician's Assistant to agree to that choice.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Glad to read that your cast is coming off and that healing has been progressing well, Marcia.Walking outdoors with friends is such a fun experience and it looks like everyone was well bundled up on this excursion.

Cynthia said...

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a blue barn. I like this one! Good to see you have some green for a nice hike

Bindu said...

Glad that your cast is off.
Nice photos!

Vicki Lane said...

Love the blue barn! And that was quite a walk!