Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, January 23, 2023

Sunday Drive Home

 We had snow on Friday and usually the wind or rising temperatures makes the snow disappear from the trees.  This time this has not been the case.  All the snow we have is like frosting on the trees and bushes.

I took this set of photos on our ride back from church on Sunday after lunching at Panera.









Tom, I did capture a barn!

Below almost home.  Our road gets sanded, never salted.



10 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

A picture postcard winter wonderland.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Beautiful, snowy pictures. It has been bitter cold here with lots of ice and snow and we didn't even venture out to church yesterday - just stayed warm and cozy at home. It was very nice. Today, alas, it's off to work. I hope you have a good week. See you again soon!

Anvilcloud said...

We’ve had more snow, so it will be looking like that here too — again. In fact it hasn’t stopped looking like that much lately.

Tom said...

...these are gorgeous Marcia, we are getting rain and snow. Messy!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The photo with the barn is especially pretty! What a snowy landscape you have! Stay warm!

Faith said...

I wish NY would use more sand like NH does for the suburban roads!!
WE finally got snow....in fact it's STILL snowing so I have the day off from teaching. Great pics!! LOVE the spot of color in the barn one.

acorn hollow said...

snowing hard again today. Pretty
Cathy

Barbara Rogers said...

These are most enjoyable photos, and I'm glad to hear of just sand on the road. Here the snow clouds are fighting a sunny windy day...though forecast to finally drop snow, it's becoming highly unlikely.

Cynthia said...

How beautiful!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It's snowing here in Nashua, NH, as I post this comment, Marcia, and your snow scenes were lovely to see. We saw similar scenes on Friday we were running some errands. I neglected to take any photos but just appreciated the beauty of the snow covered trees.