Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, December 1, 2022

Old Wreath

 

I made this wreath in December 1974 making it 48 years old this Christmas.


It has held the colors well over the years.  Only the felt leaves and the silk flowers and berries are looking tired. I could replace the latter to freshen it up a bit.

The pattern came from Better Homes and Garden I recall.  We were still living in our first apartment in Alexandria, VA when I made it.  We moved that Christmas Eve 1974 to our first house in Columbia, MD.  It moved with us in 1979 to a single family house still in Columbia, and again in 2003 when we moved to an apartment when we were building The Lodge.  It may have been in storage until we moved to the Lodge in fall of 2005.  It went with us to Vantage House in 2016 when we sold the Lodge and moved to a retirement high rise community in downtown Columbia.  Then in July 2020 it moved with us here to NH.

I'm not parting with this wreath any time soon.

6 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love the wreath. It is truly a part of your Christmas tradition. It was fun to hear of all the places you have lived. We stayed in Old Town Alexandria, VA when we visited Washington D.C. this past summer. We really enjoyed it. Nice place. The row houses there were really cool. I hope you have a good Thursday. Big storm coming here, so it will get back there to you in a few days. See you again soon!

Barbara Rogers said...

What a lovely wreath, and the history it has had with your moves! It really is special.

Anvilcloud said...

You have been very dedicated to your wonderful creation.

Tom said...

...this year i filled baskets for the doors. It's a lot easier.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It is often the simplest things that are the most meaningful especially at this time of year, Marcia, and your wreath is indeed special.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

That wreath charts the trajectory of your life. It seems to me you have moved more than most of us!