Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Wednesday Walking Group

 Wednesday the 12th I selected the spot we walked.  It was a gorgeous day and one of the last ones with leaves in full glory.

This is Paradise Park in Windsor, VT. Mt. Ascutney is to the west over the pond.





A heron and cormorant deigned to show themselves to us as we started out.  Later a bald eagle flew over us and the walkers remarked about how close we were to it. Alas no photo capture.








We walked over three miles roundtrip and climbed the equivalent of 20 stories according to the health app on my phone. 

From here we drove into Windsor to a coffee shop where we sat outside and enjoyed the sun. Next week's walk I hear will be on flat terrain along Mascoma Lake.

8 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

That is a really gorgeous area to walk in. Beauty and exercise too - that's a winning combination.

Tom said...

...you certainly have a number of beautiful places to enjoy.

Vicki Lane said...

What a beautiful place to walk!

Barbara Rogers said...

Great area for your walk, and thanks for good photos!

acorn hollow said...

How nice to go to different walking places. Our foliage is gone sadly. It never stays long enough.
Cathy

Anvilcloud said...

Judging by the photos, I think you chose very well.

Cynthia said...

I love the colorful view with the hazy mountains behind. You have had quite the fall judging by your posts. I couldn’t stay indoors a minute! By the way, I left an answer to your questions about our cat on my blog.

Veronica Lee said...

What an amazing place to walk!
The foliage is stunning!

Happy Friday!