Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Sunday, October 2, 2022

Remnants of Montreal Olympic Games

 

Montreal hosted the Summer Olympic Games in 1976.  A massive stadium was built and is still standing. It's across the street from the gardens we visited and since we had all day parking paid for we headed over there hoping to go up to the observation deck. 




There would have been quite a view from up there but it was closed for renovations. The Canadian Football team the Alouettes play in the stadium and we think we saw one of their practices on the field outside.


We headed up to Mount Royal which provided this view of the city and stadium.



Doesn't it look like a flying saucer has landed in Montreal?

7 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

That's too bad you didn't get to go flying in the saucer...or at least looking at the city. But you won't be kept down, and found another view of the stadium!

Anvilcloud said...

That stadium has been a problem from day one. First it cost a whack of dough, and I guess it still does with repairs etc.

Tom said...

...in my mind, the Olympic is a huge problem!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Interesting pictures and quite a view of the stadium and the city. To me, the stadium is a little odd looking, but I guess it was just right for the 70s. Thanks for sharing your trip. I hope you have a great week!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It’s too bad that you were not able to go to the observation deck. Yes, it does look like a flying saucer and one with a handle too.

DrumMajor said...

Nice views! The stadium looks like a roomba vacuum sweeper recharging in docking station. Linda in Kansas

Fun60 said...

Am I right in thinking the Montreal Olympics almost bankrupted the city. Great views from the hill.