Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Sunday, October 16, 2022

Fall Colors

 Dan and I took this walk on Tuesday the 11th.  The leaves were in their glory.  Dan calls it "eye candy" to see the reds and yellows so vibrant. As I write this on Friday we have had 3 inches of rain overnight and the leaves are coming down fast. The peak color is over.

But enjoy this walk, we did. It was on Skyline Drive. Not the Skyline Drive in Virginia in the Shenandoah National Park.









See the stone wall?  It's a cellar hole.  There were several of them together either from a house or barn that once stood here.



This granite post was taller than me.  I was tempted to take the ring for garden art but didn't.




We walked over 2 miles in and out. It's a road on the map but one that's closed during mud season and definitely only traveled on by 4 wheel drive.  There were signs for and against ATV travel. It must be a popular snowmobile path too.


6 comments:

Tom said...

...fabulous, enjoy the colors while you can.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Looks like a great fall outing to me. The colours have been exceptional this year and I am glad that you paid due homage to a red Maple leaf!

Barbara Rogers said...

Wonderful to see your colors. We're due rain today, so I hope some will still be around for later in this week...freeze expected in a few nights.

Anvilcloud said...

Canada thanks for for photo #3. 😀

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Wow! It was the perfect time to get out on this old road. I love the colors and all of the interesting things you saw. I feel my very best when I am deep in the forest!

Cynthia said...

Wow! What a fall you have had. It’s great that you are able to get out and hike and enjoy being right among all that color.